Wednesday 9 March 2011

FASHION DESIGNER: MARK FAST

Mark Fast is a knitwear designer resides in London but is originally from Canada. He has worked with the likes of Topshop, Bora Aksu, Christian Louboutin and many more. Not to mention to tons of celebs who have been seen wearing his pieces. Rihanna has wore a Mark Fast dress for her 23rd birthday recently and for Marie Claire Dec 10' issue which was covered in Swarovski crystals (Gorge!).


 






Ciara was also seen recently in one of his dresses which can only be described as exquisite. I think its a combo of Ciara's toned figure along with the black figure hugging dress which shows off every curve.

 
One thing I loved about Mark's Fast SS 2010 collection was that he used size 12-14 models, embracing women with real curves and not the average size 4-6 model. It also shows that his designs are for everyone and not just skinny minnys. I love a designer who is courageous enough to break down the barriers.

I wish I was able to attend his show at LFW. :( *deep sigh*. After seeing his AW 11/12 collection, I was absolutely fell in love. <3 Here's a sneak peak of some of my favs:




 x

No comments:

Post a Comment